Adult Learn to Ski/Snowboard Online Special
Ability Level: Beginner
Age Range: 13+
For first time skiers or snowboarders who have never taken a lesson, or beginners who are learning to ski/snowboard, the Adult Learn to Ski/Snowboard Online Special is designed just for you.
Not sure what level of skier or snowboarder you are? Checkout our “What Level Am I” diagram below to find out.
*If you feel you are confident and at an intermediate level, level 3 or above, the Adult All Mountain Group Lesson would be best suited for you.
Easy Street, Sierra's lauded beginner terrain, is the perfect learning playground. With two dedicated beginner conveyor lifts, and gently banked terrain, Sierra's SMART TERRAIN® program is designed to take you through the fundamentals of skiing and riding so you feel confident on our green circle terrain and creates an environment where beginner skiers and snowboarders feel comfortable learning new skills. In addition, skiers and riders will be outfitted with beginner specific equipment from industry leaders, Burton and Rossignol. This equipment is designed to accelerate the learning curve so you will be making turns down Easy Street in no time at all.
Lesson Descriptions + Times
- Sierra Sunrise Morning Lesson (9am – 11am)
- This lesson is designed for the early birds, those who arrive early and would like to get out and enjoy the fresh conditions.
- Sierra Mid-Day Lesson (11am-1pm)
- This lesson is a more relaxed, easy and hassle free morning - where you can arrive, get your kids into wild mountain, move onto getting your own tickets and equipment without rushing straight to a Sunrise Morning Lesson.
- Sierra Afternoon Lesson (2pm-4pm)
- This lesson is our afternoon lesson which is designed for those who wish to have a later start.
Lessons meet at 8:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m. or 1:45 p.m. (depart 15 minutes later).
2016/17 Adult Learn to Ski+Snowboard Online Special Rate
2-hour First-timer Lesson Package - Starting at $49
Prices starting at just $49, this is the most affordable learn to ski or snowboard package in Lake Tahoe. There goes your final excuse to not get out on the slopes with the rest of your family!
This package includes:
- Lift ticket (limited access to the conveyor lift(s) on Easy Street and Easy Rider Express)
- Rental equipment (includes skis and ski boots or snowboard and snowboard boots)
- A 2-hour first-timer lesson
Book Your Lesson Now :
These packages are valid for adults age 13+, Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, excluding Saturdays and these peak periods: December 19, 2016 - January 1, 2017 | January 15-16, 2017 | February 19-25, 2017.
This package is available in limited quantities and must be purchased online 48 hours in advance of your lesson package reservation. Valid for first timer skiers/riders only. Not valid in terrain parks.
2016-17 Peak Dates
December 19, 2016 - January 1, 2017 | January 15-16, 2017 | February 19-25, 2017
Things to Know
- Please note that lessons are subject to selling out. While reservations are not required, we strongly recommended you make them at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- Please arrive 45 minutes before your lesson starts. The beginner lessons meet at 8:45 am, 10:45 am, and 1:45 pm, and begin 15 minutes later. Afternoon lesson check-in and registration is based on availability.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Layers are best.
- Be sure you have eye protection (goggles for snowy days and sunglasses for sunny days).
- Hats, gloves, sunscreen and other items you might forget are available at the Sierra Mt. Sports Shop .
- Ski pants and helmet rentals are available at the mountain.
- Cancellation Policy: Non-Refundable Non-Transferable.
We love our passholders and show it often by offering Early Loads on select powder days through the season. Sierra's wind protected lifts and trails make Sierra-at-Tahoe your best bet on stormy days. Our hard-working crews know every minute on the hill counts and makes it their mission to open on time. Our passholders get hooked up with 20% discounts on food, new gear and rentals with My Sierra Rewards! Sierra is the closest major resort to Northern California (ensuring you less driving and more skiing/riding). Sierra's blessed with natural snow from heaven, not hoses.
Set your little ripper up for success for next winter! Whether your kiddo has a goal of perfecting their pizza + french fry or getting on the podium in the X Games, our family of coaches + athletes are here to support. Sign Up Before Sept 30th + SAVE up to $99!
Winter is over, but that doesn't mean we've stopped posting sweet photos to Instagram. Follow @sierra_at_tahoe for beautiful photos to inspire your next adventure and get excited for the 2017/18 winter season!