Your safety is our top priority. Safety is a shared responsibility between our guests and us. We take our responsibility seriously, and by following these tips, we know you will too.
Before the Slopes
1. Understand chairlift safety. Know how to load, ride and unload safely, and ask for help if you need it.
2. Stay fit. Skiing/riding are active sports. Engage in physical fitness regularly before participating.
3. Wear a helmet. Helmets can protect both children and adults.
4. Wear proper clothing. Weather can change, and it may be much colder and windier at the top of the mountain.
5. Check your equipment. You are responsible for using safe and functioning equipment.
6. Book a lesson. Lessons will help you get better and learn how to ski and ride responsibly.
7. Know and follow “Your Responsibility Code.” It is printed on every trail map.
On the Slopes
1. Know your ability. Choose trails that match your experience and skill level. Every mountain is different.
2. Observe all warning signs. Signs exist for your safety and will help guide you around the mountain.
3. Stay inbounds. There is no avalanche control or ski patrol assistance beyond ski area boundaries.
4. Stay with a partner and avoid tree wells. This is particularly important when skiing or riding in deep snow.
5. Be “PARK SMART.” Follow all terrain park safety rules at each resort. Every park is different.
6. Be aware of vehicles. Stay clear of all vehicles, including snowmobiles and snowcats.
7. Respect other guests. Respect and courtesy are expected at all times. When skiing/riding, expect the unexpected and use common sense.
8. Report safety concerns. Ski patrol and mountain personnel are here for your safety.
For more safety information, visit www.skicalifornia.org/safety.
20/21 Season Passes are now available with three new pass options fully-loaded with benefits designed with you in mind. All passes now come with perks like $60 BFF tickets to get friends and family on the hill + 20% off on-mountain purchases! Grab your pass today for maximum days at Sierra + endless fun #WherePlayReignsFree.
The mountains are our home, where we go to escape, and to reinvigorate our souls. But right now, that's not an option. Here’s to putting our Sierra family first, to getting through this together, and to the many turns to come. Sit back and enjoy this special message from us to you.