Thank you for your inquiry
Sierra-at-Tahoe hires both J1 and H2B Visa participants. Sierra-at-Tahoe will work with InterExchange to hire J1 visa applicants for the 2017-18 winter season from Argentina + Chile, and The Working Holiday Club from New Zealand and Australia. If you are interested in applying with us as a J1, please contact InterExchange or The Working Holiday Club to secure your interview for the 2017-18 season.
Check out the Job Fairs that we will be attending.
|J-1 Visa||h2B Visa|
- To qualify you must be a registered student, between 18-30 years old.
- Apply for J1 Visa through a Work & Travel program. Sierra-at-Tahoe attends Job Fairs and makes offers to applicants. Find out if you qualify for a J1 Visa at www.interexchange.org/.
- Qualifications & experience required are outlined on the job posting.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe will only be hiring H2B visa applicants for Ski School. To obtain a position in Ski School, the applicant must be a level 3 certified instructor. Must have current passport valid through November 1, 2018.
- The J-1 Visa is granted through an International Work & Travel program. Restrictions are subject to approval from work and travel program.
- Employees with a J-1 Visa are allowed to work in multiple jobs.
- Students must work until the expiration of their Visa, or provide a two week notice to Sierra-at-Tahoe if departing early.
- The H2B Visa is subject to USCIS approval and consulate approval.
- H2B employees are only permitted to work at Sierra-at-Tahoe (Visa sponsor) while in the United States.
- In the event that an employee on an H2B is terminated he/she will be required to leave the country.
- H2B applicants should not purchase airline tickets until the Visa has been approved. Sierra-at-Tahoe will update all applicants as to when their Visa has been approved.
- J-1 applicants may apply for any open position at Sierra-at-Tahoe.
- Visit us at a Job Fair at a city near you.
- J1 applicants must work for at least 30 days in the position they were offered prior to requesting a position transfer.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe designates what positions will be petitioned with USCIS. It is based on seasonal demand based on our business trends. This season Sierra-at-Tahoe will only be hiring H2B visa applicants for Ski School. These candidates must be instructors with a level 3 certification.
- The J-1 Visa allows you to work for a four month period, with a 30 day grace period for travel.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe requires all J-1 Visa employees to work the entire duration of their Visa, or provide appropriate notice.
- If the Visa is approved it will be valid from December 7, 2017 to April 3, 2018 (subject to USCIS approval process).
- Employees on an H2B must commit to working for the duration of their Visa.
- This Visa holder is required to leave the US immediately following the expiration date indicated on the Visa.
|Cost||No cost outside of the fee required by the Work and Travel Company you choose.||Sierra-at-Tahoe will not be charging processing fees to the employee.|