Sleigh the Holidays at Sierra
The 2018/19 winter season is off to a snow-tastic start! For those of you who have made it up to partake in the best early-season conditions in recent memory, we thank you. Holidays are best spent the Sierra way, so no matter if the whole family is tagging along or if you’re up for some personal soul shredding, we’re here to provide an awesome experience. With over 98% of our terrain open, snow play + tubing available for endless fun, and great events to look forward to, Sierra-at-Tahoe is ready for an awesome holiday season and beyond!
First of all, here’s the answer to your burning question: YES, Sierra is open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Kwanza, Hanukkah, New Years, and everything in between! After all, what better way to celebrate your favorite holiday than to do some cruising at your favorite resort?
With that in mind, your Sierra Fam has put together special tips just for you to help you navigate the hustle and bustle of the holiday season! Check out the following, as well as our Insider Tips page, to crush the holiday season like a boss.
- Get your pass / tickets at the Sierra In-Town Store so you can head straight to the lift when you arrive. It’s located at the “Y” intersection in the Crossings Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe.
- Take the bus / carpool / arrive early. We anticipate an influx of visitors during the holidays and sometimes we park out. We want to make sure you're able to get to the fun, so plan ahead and please ride with a friend. Shuttle Schedule located here.
- If you didn’t have time to eat breakfast, enjoy a hearty meal at Mama’s Kitchen before the lifts start spinning. We’re proud of our food offerings at Sierra and the chicken ‘n’ waffles are SO yummy.
- Book your lessons online, learn something new! You’ll find the best rates on our website too.
- Buy a 3-PAK of lift tickets and save! This bundle of three is around 90 bucks less than if you were to buy three separate tickets. Not to mention, there are NO BLACKOUT DATES on these bad boys. It’s one of the hottest deals in Tahoe!
- Get a Parent Predicament Ticket if you have little ones that need to be watched. This enables couples to pass a single ticket between the two of them so one can take care of the little ones while the other shreds the mountain. Rock, paper, scissors! If both parents want to shred, you can always book a spot in our licensed daycare online.
- Reserve rental gear online ahead of time and get on the hill faster. Need outerwear? We have that too. Stop by Sierra Mountain Sports if you forgot something or check out a gear rental season pass!
- Need dinner plans? Check out our Feed the Whole Subaru and Date Night packages! Feed the Whole Subaru (4 people) offers heaps of mixed greens, Korean BBQ ribs, naan bread, mac ‘n’ cheese, and a bottle of Sierra’s own 8852’ Zinfandel for just $49. Date Night includes miso-glazed salmon, stir-fried veggies, rice, naan bread, and a bottle of 8852' wine for $30. Not too shabby huh? Inquire in the Solstice Eatery for more info!
- Blizzard Mountain Snow Play and Tubing has fun for the whole family. It's located in the base area of Sierra, so grab your snow gear and prepare to have a blast!
- Season passes are still available! They're by far the best deal around and pay for themselves in about 4 days! Get yours today to avoid being on the Naughty List.
We hope to see you up here for some stellar skiing + riding. The forecast calls for significant snowfall in the coming days…maybe it’s because we put snow on our Xmas list! From our mountain-loving family to yours, happy holidays and a snowy New Year!