Ski & Snowboard School
Sierra-at-Tahoe® Ski and Snowboard School offers a variety of positions and a great work environment.
Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort offers some of the best teaching terrain in the Tahoe basin, and you can enjoy tree-skiing, powder, backcountry gates, and terrain parks. Sierra is made up of a unique and diverse group of individuals brought together by our passion and love for snowsports. We place a high value on training and professionalism. Just like any other mountain resort, we are weather dependent, and the weather can often be finicky. With this in mind, Sierra-at-Tahoe instructors get plenty of hours teaching and other tasks, increasing your earning power.
Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort is committed to offering high-level training opportunities to our staff. Whether your goals are to seek a higher level of certification or just to improve as a skier/snowboarder and teacher, we are committed to growing our staff both personally and professionally. With current and former PSIA Demo team members on staff and fully certified trainers from several countries, we offer a diversified and professional training program.
At Sierra we provide training programs to our instructors that are unrivaled by other resorts. From our highly certified training staff to our early morning access to the mountain, we guide the instructor through the often challenging and confusing process of obtaining certification. Our training modules include; PSIA/AASI Levels 1, 2 and 3 certifications, park and pipe certification, and children’s specific certification. Other training modules include guest service training, resort specific terrain training and backcountry training.
How to get a job and what to expect at Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort
While we look for great applicants year around, we typically hire most of our domestic instructors during September and October. Most of our instructors teach skiing or snowboarding from December through April, with training programs starting in November and December. Weekends and holidays are our busiest periods and the time that we need help the most. We also have a Two Week Teaching Program for Part Time instructors that want a taste of what teaching is like in Tahoe; please contact Human Resources for more information on this program.
Ski, Snowboard and X-over Instructors (Full-time or Part-time)
- Certified Instructors - We are offering positions for full and part-time instructors who teach skiing, snowboarding or both. If you would like to be part of the best team you have ever been part of, please consider joining us for the winter season. Sierra-at-Tahoe boasts the best teaching terrain in the Lake Tahoe region and some of the best tree-skiing and backcountry gates you can find. Come check it out yourself! If you do not have experience teaching skiing or snowboarding, you may apply.
- Inexperienced Instructors - We are offering limited positions to applicants wanting to learn how to become an instructor for skiing, snowboarding or both. These are both part time and full time positions.
Other jobs available through the Ski & Snowboard School
- Child care (Day Care) teachers and aides. Preference for ECE qualified applicants.
- Ski and Snowboard School Cashier - sell ski and snowboard school products and help coordinate over-the-phone reservations.
- Competition Department. Coaches & Race Crew with experience.
- Teacher Assistants. Help instructors with their classes out on the hill and indoors.
Fax: 530.659.7749 or
Mail to: Ski and Snowboard School
1111 Sierra at Tahoe Rd.
Twin Bridges, CA 95735