Easy Street, Sierra's lauded beginner terrain, is the perfect learning playground. With two dedicated beginner conveyor lifts, and gently banked terrain, Sierra's SMART TERRAIN® program creates an environment where beginner skiers and snowboarders feel comfortable learning new skills. In addition, skiers and riders will be outfitted with beginner specific equipment from industry leaders, Burton and Rossignol. This equipment is designed to accelerate the learning curve so you will be making turns down Easy Street in no time at all.
Sierra-at-Tahoe Adult Ski & Snowboard School offers lessons for skiers and riders age 13 and over at any ability level. So, whether it's your first time on snow or you are looking for help perfecting your high-speed GS turns, our instructors can help you improve your skills on the snow.
Please plan to arrive an hour before your lesson start time for registration and equipment fitting. Purchase lesson packages and tickets at the Learn to Ski/Ride building or online below.
For first time skiers and snowboarders, or for those still very new, the Learn to Ski/Ride lessons take advantage of Sierra's SMART TERRAIN® program designed to take you through the fundamentals of skiing and riding so you feel confident on our green circle terrain.
|Learn to Ski/Ride Group Lessons||Rate||Peak Dates|
2.5 Hour Lesson Package
|2.5 Hour Lesson ONLY||$70||$80|
3-PAK Learn to Ski/Ride Guarantee - BEST DEAL
The 3-PAK Learn to Ski/Ride Package includes equipment rental, 2.5 hour group lesson, and limited access lift ticket* for Day 1 and 2, full mountain access on Day 3. The 3-PAK Learn to Ski/Ride Package is valid for one person, non-transferable.
* Limited access lift tickets include Easy Rider Express chairlift, Chill surface lift and Slider surface lift.
|First Time Group Lesson Special||Rate|
Includes a limited access lift ticket (Easy Rider Express chairlift, Chill surface lift and Slider surface lift), rental equipment and a 2.5-hour lesson. Must be 13+ and package must be purchased online 48-hours in advance. Valid Sunday-Friday, non-holiday, excluding Saturdays and these peak dates: December 20, 2015 - January 3, 2016, January 17-18, 2016, and February 14-19, 2016.
Sierra understands that progressing to the next level is just as important as learning how to ski or snowboard, which is why you can improve your skiing/riding skills with Sierra’s All Mountain 3-PAKs, valid any 3 days throughout the season. All Mountain Lessons cater to skiers and riders whose ability is anywhere between maintaining control on green circle terrain to looking to improve technique in powder, trees, bumps or the terrain parks. Lessons are 2.5 hours.
|All Mountain Group Lessons||Rate||Peak Dates|
2.5 Hour Lesson Package
2.5 Hour Lesson Package 3-PAK - BEST DEAL!
All prices subject to change. Lessons meet at 9:45 a.m. or 1:15 p.m. (depart 15 minutes later) and check-in is required an hour prior to lesson start time. Purchase lesson packages and tickets at the Learn to Ski/Ride building, located across from the Main Lodge. Lessons meet at the bell located outside the Learn to Ski/Ride building.
2015-16 Peak Dates
November 27-28, 2015, December 26, 2015 - January 3, 2016, January 16-18, 2016, February 13-20, 2016
Things To Know
- Please note that lessons are subject to selling out. While reservations are not required, we strongly recommended you make them at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- We recommend you arrive by 8:30 a.m. (8:00 a.m. on Saturdays and holidays) to allow for ample time for the check-in process. The check-in and registration process for full-day and morning classes start at 9:00 am sharp. Afternoon lesson check-in and registration ends at 12:00 pm and is based on availability.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Layers are best.
- Be sure you have eye protection (goggles for snowy days and sunglasses for sunny days).
- Hats, gloves, sunscreen and other items you might forget are available at the Sierra Mt. Sports Shop.
- Ski pants and helmet rentals are available at the mountain.
- Cancellation Policy for single-day reservations: please call 530.659.7453 at least 24 hours in advance for full refund. $30 Fee applies for cancellations made before 7:00 a.m. the day of the reservation. Full amount will be charged for cancellations after 7:00 a.m.
- The 3-PAKs are non-transferable and non-refundable.