Kids' Group Lessons
Wild Mountain is the place for your children to explore Sierra's winter wonderland! From Adventure Zones to terrain parks, your children will have tons to cheer about. Our instructors have the training, personality and patience to get kids out on the slopes and keep them smiling. Our programs are categorized by age and ability level to ensure your kids get the most out of their mountain experience!
To ensure a smooth check-in process, we suggest arriving to the mountain an hour before your child's lesson time.
|Kid's Lesson Only||Rate||Peak Dates|
|Valid for Sierra-at-Tahoe child season passholders only and does not include rental equipment or helmet. Non-transferable. Non-refundable. Afternoon lessons are based on availability.|
To make a reservation, please call the Ski & Snowboard School at 530.659.7453 x150.
Skiers ages 3 - 4
The Blazers learn-to-ski program caters to little ones with short attention spans. Children learn the fundamentals of skiing in the morning and afternoon. This includes on-snow movement activities such as walking and snow play in ski boots and a basic introduction to sliding on one and two skis. Outdoor adventure time is also combined with indoor activities. View Blazers Itinerary (.pdf)
Skiers ages 5 - 6
The Bandits learn-to-ski program is aimed at slightly older children. In order to help develop their mountain skills and get the most enjoyment out of their skiing experience, the lesson combines off and on snow activities geared towards helping children understand the fundamentals and discover a passion for the sport. View Bandits Itinerary (.pdf)
Skiers ages 7 - 12
Our Explorers program accommodates children of all abilities. This includes exclusive use of the Thunder Gulch learning area which is specifically designed to help children learn the basics of either sport and provide a safe environment for them to develop their fundamental skills in order to be ready to 'explore' what Sierra has to offer. Children in higher level classes are introduced to the entire mountain and may enjoy some class time in our small terrain parks as well as the opportunity to eat lunch at the top of the mountain. View Explorers Itinerary (.pdf)
Is your child ready to be part of a season-long coaching program at Sierra? Check out the Rippers program to take the next step!
2015-16 Peak Dates
November 27-28, 2015, December 26, 2015 - January 3, 2016, January 16-18, 2016, February 13-20, 2016
All prices subject to change.
- To save time at the mountain, we recommend parents to please call 530.659.7453 x150 to make reservations 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- Please note that lessons are subject to selling out. While reservations are not required, we strongly recommended you make them at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- We recommend you arrive by 8:30 a.m. (8:00 a.m. on Saturdays and holidays) to allow for ample time for the check-in process. The check-in and registration process for full-day and morning classes ends at 9:00 am sharp. Afternoon lesson check-in and registration ends at 12:00 pm and is based on availability.
- One adult must remain present at Sierra-at-Tahoe throughout the day in case of emergency.
- Dress child appropriately for the weather. Layers are best.
- Be sure your child has eye protection (goggles for snowy days and sunglasses for sunny days).
- Hats, gloves, sunscreen and other items you might forget are available at the Wild Mountain Children's Center.
- Ski pants and helmet rentals are available at the Wild Mountain Children's Center.
- Be sure your child eats breakfast. Lunch is included in all full-day programs.
- If your child has any food allergies or special diets, parents may provide your child a lunch. Absolutely no peanut or nut products can be brought from home.
- Our kitchen is friendly to allergies, but cannot guarantee food has not come in contact with other foods containing allergens or meat.
- Your child will be placed in a group according to their age and ability level. Although you will make a preliminary assessment, final placement is determined with consideration toward the safety of your child and other class members.
- Adult lift tickets can be purchased at Wild Mountain Children's Center.
- Cancellation Policy for single-day reservations: please call 530.659.7453 x150 at least 24 hours in advance for full refund. $30 fee applies for cancellations made before 7:00 a.m. the day of the reservation. Full amount will be charged for cancellations after 7:00 a.m.
- The 3-PAKs and 10-PAKs are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Is your child ready for a full day of skiing? Our Ski Program can be a fun filled experience for children. However, it can also be a demanding day both physically and emotionally for some 3 and 4 year olds.
Please read through the below characteristics to help you decide if a day in ski/snowboard school is the right option for your child. Children who exhibit most of these behaviors may be ready to learn to ski or snowboard. Please remember that all children MUST be fully potty trained to attend ski/snowboard school.
- My child attends daycare or preschool several days a week
- My child does not need naps
- My child responds to verbal directions and requests
- My child is comfortable interacting with other children and adults
- My child can focus on a single activity for an extended period of time
- My child easily adapts to new surroundings and situations
- My child is excited and wants to learn to ski today
If this sounds like your child, we invite you to check out the program itinerary. If you have concerns or feel unsure whether the program is suitable for your child, please check out our licensed day care center or feel free to come and have a chat with us.