CANucopia Canned Food Drive: Dec-Jan 12
Sierra Resort is teaming up with the Food Bank of El Dorado County to bring a little help to those in need. Food banks in the area are in dire need of your help; it's as easy as clearing out the cans that sit at the back of the cupboard and dropping them off at the CANucopia food container in the base area. Sierra-at-Tahoe will gather and send the collected items to families in the community.
While the warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart is probably reason enough to donate to those in need, Sierra Resort would like to sweeten the deal and repay your efforts. Sierra-at-Tahoe's General Manager, John Rice has agreed to the following terms if Sierra Resort collects:
- one bin of canned food by December 23, 2012: John Rice will sing Holiday Carols in the Pub on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2012.
- two bins of canned food by New Year's Day: John Rice will let Wild Mountain kids throw tasty pies at his noggin'.
- three bins of cans by January 12, 2013: John Rice will let customers drop him in a dunk tank...brrrrr!
What do the food banks need?
- Pasta sauce
- Canned tuna, chicken, etc.
- Canned soups, chili, stews
- Canned pasta
- Dried pasta (macaroni, spaghetti)
- Dry instant milk
- Boxes of potatoes, rice, pasta sides
- Canned tomatoes, sauce, paste
- Sugar and flour
- Toiletries and bars of soup
Let's have a bit of fun while giving back to those in need!